Got my Cybersyncs...

and I LOVE them! Keep in mind, I came from Cactus triggers, but these things are great! Fooled around with them the other night, and every shot went off, they seem very nice and solid. I think I am now going to truly enjoy off-camera lighting for the first time ever! I can't wait!

2 questions:
1.How do you who own them attach them? To the light stand? To the flash? They seem kind of bulky to attach to the flash, but there are times I place my flashes where light stands won't go... what do you do then?
2. Because these are connected via a plug connection (and not hotshoe like my Cactus triggers), when I place my flash on the hotshoe mount of my lightstand, is there anything I have to do differently? I though I read somewhere to cover the mount with electrical tape to keep the flash's contacts from shorting out on the metal? Good idea? Bad idea? Thanks!

I do have some, but I guess my main question is, do you attach the receivers to the flash? And if so, where? They seem kind of bulky... I obviously don't want to attach to the battery door, the other side is where the cable plugs into, and the flash head seems like too much of a pain and unwieldy...

I use velcro and lil lanyards. There's an attachment point for the on the + model, those are the ones I have.

I have the normal, non-plus model, but I think they are similar, at least on the outside. My question is more to the flash itself... where on an SB-xx flash would I put the velcro? As I posted above, one side contains the battery door, the other side the sync ports where I plug in the receiver, so that leaves the flashead itself, and that seems very awkward...

Real Name
Tony Admana
Yes it looks awkward but it works. I usually just let it hang loose, or velcro it on to the light stand. This is why I bought the new RF603 Yongnuo which I now use for my speedlights, and use my Cybersyncs for my studio lights.

Yes it looks awkward but it works. I usually just let it hang loose, or velcro it on to the light stand. This is why I bought the new RF603 Yongnuo which I now use for my speedlights, and use my Cybersyncs for my studio lights.

That is what I will do when they are on the stand, for sure... which begs an answer to my second question... do I need to cover the flashmount on the stand with electrical tape so the flash's contacts don't make contace with the metal?

I velcro mine to the top of the flash. The flash already has black velcro on three sides to hold all sorts of modifiers anyway. The cybersyncs fit nicely on top out of the way.

I don't put anything on a light stand like tape or stickiness. Get that tape residue inside the joints and you will never get them open.

I velcro mine to the top of the flash. The flash already has black velcro on three sides to hold all sorts of modifiers anyway. The cybersyncs fit nicely on top out of the way.

I don't put anything on a light stand like tape or stickiness. Get that tape residue inside the joints and you will never get them open.

x2 Velcro is your friend in this case. Don't put it on the battery cover side as it will be a pain to change the battery.

Good to know. I haven't put anything on the lightstands. I did decide to put the velcro strips on my flashes on the same side as the port where the Cybersyncs plug in. There was enough room, and it looks good and feels firm. I actually like it.

I'm a little late to the party, but I also Velcro mine to the top of my sb-900 flashes. Never have had a problem.

Take that back I use hook and loop tape by 3M. My neighbor is a 3M Rep and he hates it when I ask him for Velcro (proprietary name) kinda like asking for a kleenex instead of a tissue. Either way find it to be perfectly suitable for securing the syncs to the flash heads.

Oh and a suggestion, I put a little piece of flourescent gaff tape on the wire connections so when they fall in the bag, ground or just about anywhere they are easy to spot and makes sure I don't loose them. Come to think of it just about all my little camera gear stuff and lens caps have flourescent yellow gaff tape on them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom