Got my fingers on a D700 today - nice!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Frits, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I am away on a business trip (Toronto). Today I passed by a good camera store in Cambridge, ON (Henry's) and stopped in to see whether they had a D700.
    They did have one in the store, so I had my first experience holding that new beauty.
    A beauty it is! I am very impressed by the build and the way it balances. I love the "pro bodies", but I could live with this D700 body - easily. It is in no way like the pro-sumer bodies used to be.
    I did shoot a few as well (boring in-store shots). I'll see how these turn out.
    All in all, a very solid first impression of the D700.
    Hmmm...

2. Hmmmmmmmmm is right, Frits
    so....
    how long before you get it?

3. Anyone want to take bets on the time period before Frits is taking home his very own D700? :smile:

4. Well, I'd be lying if I said I don't have it (or a D3 for that matter) on my mind :smile:.
    But I am not an impulse buyer - no rush until I am convinced I should get one (of either) :smile:

Thing is, I am totally happy with my D2x. In fact, I took it with me this week (with just one walk-about lens). I never do that on business trips, I usually just take my P&S along.
    It did allow me to shoot a few with the D700 with the lens I had with me (and my CF card). I shot the same with the D2x also. I will be checking out the files when I get back home.

5. let us know what you think about them