Got my help, I hope.

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by ShaunK, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    In the features tab of B&H's page, it says you will need a camera plate and flash plate. For the flash, you will need an SC-29 (I'll have to look that up to be sure, but it's the TTL cable). For the camera, I'm not sure I see a typical tripod screw, you might need something extra from them. Have you checked the manufacturer's web site?

3. I have tried the site, but it, too confused me... to early in the day?? :wink: I do have the SC-29 already, although I am going to try to use my radio trigger instead. It's the plate to connect the flash and camera that I'm confused by... I don't need to connect it to a tripod or anything like that.

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
  5. Here's where I get lost... I see where it says what to get, camera plate and flash plate.. understood... camera plate CMP or C-35 series... trouble is, on the B&H site, there are no less than 10 C-35 thingies :smile: and several flash mounting plates... how do I choose??? Is it camera specific??? Personal preference??? I'm still waiting for a lady at CB To call back, so my fingers are crossed... but until then?

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Try calling B&H. They know quite abit about the products they sell. Be sure to use the customer service number, not the order number.

7. That's a great idea. Thanks!

8. Before I could do that, the nice lady at CB called back and helped me out, turned out I only needed two items... the flash plate (which was brand specific) and the camera plate, which was not listed under accessories on the BH website... I had to search for it seperately... good news is I got it all, and now the waiting begins. Hopefully by Saturday, otherwise next Monday.