Got my P7000

I was specifically looking at the P7000 as a travel cam since I can slap my SB-400 on the hotshoe for indoor shots. I must say this is a nice camera. I read about all of the quirks and issues with focusing and the lens cover not opening up, so I bought a refurb from Cameta Camera. I definitely see the hiccup/delay when focusing but it doesnt bother me especially since its going to be used for snaps. Here it is with the SB-400 on it. If anyone wants I'll post samples taken with it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ok here's a quick sample of the P7000 with the SB-400 bounced off the ceiling. Needless to day Im amazed at the quality of the image. You can pick out the dust on the lens.

Shutter lag seems good, although I havent really tried it on my kids yet.

Are the auto-ISO and flash controls on this camera similar to the DSLR bodies? I've been using a Lumix LX-3 for a couple years now. It's a great camera, but the available flash units and ISO controls are nowhere near what Nikon can offer. The SB-400 is a unique product, and I've been waiting forever for Nikon to come out with a decent point and shoot that can use it. Look forward to more of your samples!

Few more samples. Very dark and cloudy skies. The 1st 2 are ISO 100, the one of my son is ISO 800. No NR applied.

I got a P7000 a few months ago. Check to make sure you have the latest firmware. The controls are much like the DSLR. And one doesn't have to dig through pages and pages of the menu to change ISO, WB, Timer, ETC. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I put my SB 600 with a diffuser on mine...It looks funny and is top heavy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom