Got my Z50

Just picked it up the twin lens kit, out of interest I tried the adapter and Sigma 100-400 it looked to work well, only tried in the shop as it is raining.

Having to stand under the balcony to keep out of the rain, subject choices are limited.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for your report and samples. How sharp wide open at longest end of both kit lenses?

I want to add the whole combo with two kit lenses to my Z6 system, but I'm not sure whether I buy them now or wait until Nikon has a good deal. This kit would replace my Z6 & 24-70/4S for travel.

Having to stand under the balcony to keep out of the rain, subject choices are limited.

View attachment 1649552

View attachment 1649553

View attachment 1649554
These are plenty sharp and colorful. Much post-processing?

I want to add the whole combo with two kit lenses to my Z6 system, but I'm not sure whether I buy them now or wait until Nikon has a good deal. This kit would replace my Z6 & 24-70/4S for travel.
There's a pretty good deal available now...$150 off on the kit at B&H and probably elsewhere.

Dont know what you would call a lot, compered with my bird images not much

This in ACR

Image size reduction using Bilinear then about 20% unsharp mask

The red berries had NR applied to the background

Thanks for your report and samples. How sharp wide open at longest end of both kit lenses?

The bottom two of the three images above are full telephoto (250mm) at f8, the 16-50 may be a while before it gets used.

There's a pretty good deal available now...$150 off on the kit at B&H and probably elsewhere.
I know that's a good deal if buy with two lenses, but I hope I can have a better deal in couple months, or this time next year :) . I usually pre-ordered (ex. Sony A7R3, Z6 kit, 85 1.8S) in the past but not this time because of loosing values too quickly... but NAS is hard to resist :).
The Z50 and 16-50 is exactly what I want to replace my recently sold Fuji XT30 and 18-55 2.8-4. I got rid of Fuji system and from now on, only one Z mount system.

I know that's a good deal if buy with two lenses, but I hope I can have a better deal in couple months, or this time next year :) . I usually pre-ordered (ex. Sony A7R3, Z6 kit, 85 1.8S) in the past but not this time because of loosing values too quickly... but NAS is hard to resist :).
The Z50 and 16-50 is exactly what I want to replace my recently sold Fuji XT30 and 18-55 2.8-4. I got rid of Fuji system and from now on, only one Z mount system.
If the Z50 bodies are coming in at $856 USD now, in a few months they're bound to drop even lower. It's also rumored Nikon has more Z announcements coming after Christmas, so it looks like they're going full steam with the Z mount.

If the Z50 bodies are coming in at $856 USD now, in a few months they're bound to drop even lower. It's also rumored Nikon has more Z announcements coming after Christmas, so it looks like they're going full steam with the Z mount.
Cool, thanks! I think I can wait :).

I think the deals will get better and fairly soon, ime not normally an early adopter but this time i traded my EM1MK11 which i bought at a discount and got double cash back, so i thought sod it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom