Got out for a brief moment today...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jun 30, 2005.

1. with the 300 f2.8 and 1.4x on. I didnt feel well all day, lousy stomach.

this is uncropped, just levels, sharpen and resize. A different group from the one I usually shoot:
    original.
    missed the focus on the eyes here, dang:
    original.

bumped into my usual group. They seem ok with me, walking within inches, looking at me, but then going and feeding way too close for this lens to focus. I have to back up often. Shoulda taken the tc off, but too lazy:

original.

original.

original.

nailed a couple a full Reznick's in the prone position:
    original.

here is a sequence of two shots in a row, one cropped and the other full frame. Shot on a monopod at 1/750th sec:
    original.

original.

they were pulling grubs and stuff out left and right, didnt help my stomach:
    original.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey, save some for me!

Very nicely done Harris. Really sharp too. Hope you feel better in the morning.

3. Harris, what an amazing series! Your stomach upset didn't seem to hurt your photography. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Really nice series Harris. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the stomach though; I passed 2 more kidney stones today, one right after the other. OUCH!! OUCH!! :?

Any more thoughts on the 2.8 versus the 4.0?

I really do hope you get to feeling better. :wink:

5. Harris, it looks like you had a good day even with the bad stomach!! Amazing how sharp these are. I will pass on the grubs though. Looks like you have mastered the Reznick flip.

6. these are fantastic Harris! Hope you are feeling better for the holiday weekend.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very nice series. Interesting birds doing neat stuff.

I know the feeling stomach wise Yuck,,,,,, hope it's better

8. Thanks all, my stomach still is not right. Just aches. Doesnt matter if I eat or not.

Cant wait for this to pass, no pun intended.

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Harris,

Sorry about the bellyache. But if this is how you shoot when sick......I wouldn't be in any hurry to feel better!

Spectacular shots!