Got some great news... (updated)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMartin, May 2, 2007.

1. JMartin

JMartin Guest

but have been holding onto it until now. :biggrin:

I recently had two photographs selected to be displayed in a photography exhibition entitled “Florida’s Heritage, Lands and Inhabitants”.

The show is being held at the City of Largo’s “Art Gallery” for the month of May, with the opening reception being held on May 6th, from 2 to 4 pm. From what I understand, they have been trying to get their art gallery running more like a gallery with exhibitions like this for a while. The library/City staff is just as excited about the show as the artists, so much so, that I heard the Mayor of the City is coming to the reception.

You may read more about the exhibition here.

I will post the two photos later, as I am currently at work. Needless to say, I am pretty excited.

UPDATE
    I just remembered, I am in the process of updating my web site (finally :wink: ) to a completely new look and used the two selected images on the new test home page. They are on a random image rotation, so you may have to refresh a few times to get the second image to appear, but you can find them here. Of course the ones in the gallery are matted and framed though! :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Congratulations, Joe. I'm looking forward to seeing your shots.

3. Congratulations Joe!!!!
    Hope to see your pictures soon...

4. Congratulations Joe, this is great! I am also anxious to see the images.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Joe
    That is wonderful

6. Great News!

Congratulation Joe! Can't wait to see the pictures :smile:

7. Very nice! Congrats!

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great news, Joe! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!

9. Oh, this is wonderful, Joe! Fantastic news!!! Definitely share the images with us when you can and of course tell us all about the exhibit and opening day....

10. Great news! Congratulations, Joe.

11. That's wonderful, Joe. Congratulations! Can't wait to see them.

12. The images are EXCELLENT! I can see why they want to use them in the exhibit! Wonderful images, beautifully done!

13. Congrats, Joe! I really like both images and can see why they were selected.

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

15. Congrats on this honor, Joe.

I will be attending this exhibition. I may get lucky enough to catch a picture of the artist next to his wonderful photos.

On a side note, Joe lives in Tampa. He comes all the way over to my city to exhibit his work. This puts all of us starving and struggling young artists in Largo out of business!:wink: We can't compete with those city slickers!

16. JMartin

JMartin Guest

HAHA yah, right Mitch, you have seen my work, these two are flukes! After seeing your library, I think this county is in the stone ages in comparison. In Tampa, their idea of art is putting lights on their buildings downtown :tongue:

The Largo Library has got to be one of the nicest libraries I have ever seen. They have a cafe in the front, an "art gallery", meeting rooms and a Cutural Arts Center across the street. Our library has, well, books :biggrin:

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. The funniest part about the photos, I was not going to submit the trolley, but after seeing what others submitted, they were all sunsets, beaches and anything else you think of when you think Florida.