Gotta Love being Crazy...(pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Thought I would post an image as a (little) Tribute to the girl in the image....

I was contacted a while back by Nancy to see if she could come up to the winter country and go shooting with me...
    I told her on the phone that winter shooting was not for the faint of heart and that she really might want to consider a different time of year. She would have no part of it and really wanted to not just test her gear but herself against what many would feel as insane shooting conditions. With -36 below temps, winds and lots of ice fog that would take anyone and freeze you to the bone up she came…

We were out one day for about 5 hours and then the next day for 11... She did not miss a beat and stayed right with me. The only really big problem she had was her fingers sticking to the metal body of her camera. Having them stick is not a big deal... until you pull your hand away and leave all your skin still stuck to the camera. I can tell you that I heard a few words that I did not think could come from a little 110 lbs girl with such conviction…lol

I promised her that I would take a shot of her so she could remember the Cold, Ice Fog and generally crappy weather....

So this is what I got... I think it will remind her just fine the day she wanted to shoot with the "Nut of the North"....lol

original.

As a side note....
    It looks like my next (volunteer) will arrive in mid February to try her turn at a little cold weather shooting... this one is a member of the Cafe so I'll take special care to make sure she gets back to the (deep south) in one piece.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG..

Is all I can say.........

Besides Great image.

3. gutsy girl, my hat is off in appreciation for her will.

4. My hat off for a strong will woman. However, I understand fully the call of beautiful and silent winter scenics, especially when the sun is shining above.

-32 below zero!!! Last time I felt that kind of cold was moons and moons ago, on James Bay's dams construction site.

5. :biggrin:

OK, I'm impressed with the hardiness of you north-dwellers.

Now....

With that said.....

I don't care whether you ascribe to a belief in creation or evolution or intelligent design or whatever......it is my firm belief that humans started at the exact same latitude as San Antonio, Texas.

Here I'm staying! It was 91 degrees here yesterday. Today it plummeted to 55! Out came my fleece. Brrrrrrrrr.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    How FUN!!!!

7. Vernon
    you are a nut case! but I love it
    Dave

8. Thanks Everyone....
    I will pass your comments on to Nancy...

Vernon... your comments made me roll on the floor... Well done

9. OK....I'm gonna' presume that's a compliment and say thanks.

10. you are correct, a compliment it is

11. Oh God no Vernon.... this is coming from Dave... It might not be a good thing at all.....
    :tongue:

Now if I had said that.... you would really be a "nut"... mind you coming from me that might be a good thing....lol