Gotta love RAW / Capture

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, May 23, 2005.

1. Just an everyday snapshot of "da Boss".
    One thing went wrong though: I made an exposure error and the shot was heavily underexposed. Not much more then a dark shadowy mess.
    Nevertheless, took the (RAW) file into Capture, pulled it back up one and a half stops (!) . Then in PS CS softened up the skin a tiny bit and punched up color saturation a touch, in order to compensate for the dull shot, because of the big underexposure. Here is the result, quite useable, methinks....

2. All I can say is WOW.
    you obviously have some pretty good "capture" skills.
  3. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    She's a lovely lady! I still like the one you got of her reading...
  4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Better not tell the wife about the hot chick you're seeing!

Oh, that hot chick IS your wife! :wink:
    Wow, Frits, yo did a bang up job recovering this shot! Maybe you outta underexpose them more often! Naaaa!
  5. Frits, a question...I've found that when you have a heavily underexposed shot that there seems to be a lot of noise in the post processed shot. Yours is virtually noise free from what I can tell. What's you secret? "Da Boss" came out very well!

aka beaucamera
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments. She is indeed the most wonderful wife a man can wish for and the warmest mother a child can have (we have 4). When we are with friends, her presence will light up a room. I agree that I am very fortunate to share my life with her.

For your question, Virginia, I have no answer. I just did what I described. I must add that I always shoot at ISO 125 and I have stated many times that the D1x files at low ISO are as clean as it gets. When you enlarge the files (say, 200% and more) it will show pixelation before you see any noise.
  7. WOW...nice shot!! You have a beautiful boss.....err.....wife!! :) :) :)
  8. Da Boss is a wow wow wow, Frits! :D
  9. 1.5 stop underexposed and you got that clean look? Wow! The D1X, I presume (since you referred to it in a reply above)? Oh, and yes, the boss rocks! :lol:
  10. Yes, D1x.