Gotta love RAW / Capture

Just an everyday snapshot of "da Boss".
One thing went wrong though: I made an exposure error and the shot was heavily underexposed. Not much more then a dark shadowy mess.
Nevertheless, took the (RAW) file into Capture, pulled it back up one and a half stops (!) . Then in PS CS softened up the skin a tiny bit and punched up color saturation a touch, in order to compensate for the dull shot, because of the big underexposure. Here is the result, quite useable, methinks....

Frits

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Better not tell the wife about the hot chick you're seeing!

Oh, that hot chick IS your wife! :wink:
Wow, Frits, yo did a bang up job recovering this shot! Maybe you outta underexpose them more often! Naaaa!

Frits, a question...I've found that when you have a heavily underexposed shot that there seems to be a lot of noise in the post processed shot. Yours is virtually noise free from what I can tell. What's you secret? "Da Boss" came out very well!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

I've found that when you have a heavily underexposed shot that there seems to be a lot of noise in the post processed shot. Yours is virtually noise free from what I can tell. What's you secret?
Thank you all for your kind comments. She is indeed the most wonderful wife a man can wish for and the warmest mother a child can have (we have 4). When we are with friends, her presence will light up a room. I agree that I am very fortunate to share my life with her.

For your question, Virginia, I have no answer. I just did what I described. I must add that I always shoot at ISO 125 and I have stated many times that the D1x files at low ISO are as clean as it gets. When you enlarge the files (say, 200% and more) it will show pixelation before you see any noise.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom