Gotta love this 105 VR!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Rich Gibson, Apr 17, 2007.

1. I went out around 6 tonight and it was overcast and a bit cloudy so I used the flash. This lens is sooooo good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rich

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Unbelievable, Rich!

Love the lines on the tulip. Incredible detail!

3. WOW!! these are GREAT!!

4. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Rich, Great shots, you have flowers? All I have is a lot of water in my yard:biggrin: . A few tulips were starting to pop up a couple of weeks ago but since then we have had snow and an awful amount of rain. - Jeff

5. I went to a stream path and found a couple tiny flowers (2&5) among the dreary browns of trees still awaiting warmer weather. As I walked back to my house I came upon some neighbors' houses each with one type flower. I hand held all of the shots. I screened them with Photo Manager, processed them with NX and fine tuned with Photoshop (shadows and highlights & unsharp mask).

After I bought the lens I wondered if I had bought it on impluse. I've had nothing but delight shooting with it.

Rich

6. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Glad you like the lens, I just got a copy myself over the last week but the NE weather has dampened my opportunities to use it. I think I will be very happy with it as well, took a few shots indorrs (posted elsewhere). Have fun - Jeff

7. Rich, these are great. I'm glad that you found something to photograph. I had 4 pots of hyacinths until the Nor'Easter came through. Now I have a pile of dirt and broken stems. My daffodils gave up too!! Oh well, they say we can plant bulbs around May 15th...I have my bulbs in a dark closet. And I am starting a few plants indoors to get a headstart.

8. zzhangz

zzhangz Guest

Did you notice that the aperture is not always F2.8? sometimes it's F4 at macro range.

9. Nice shots Rich. What flash? Where did you position it? What settings were you using?

10. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    aaargh.. I am borrowing one of these right now..

11. pamato

pamato Guest

Just got mine..

I recently upgraded from the Sigma 105 to the Nikon 105 VR...
    I miss the lightness of the Sigma but the internal focus and VR make a lot of difference.

Paul

12. Once you try it as a short-medium tele, I think you'll be even happier with the lens. Nikon really got it right with this one.

13. It was the D200 and I used it's built in flash. I'm so knowledgeless about this lens I assumed it was like any other. I set it at f8 to try to get a deeper field of view. I gather that you can't do that from the post previous to yours. That would explain why I couldn't deepen it. There's always something more to learn in photography.

Thanks, Rich