Gotta love this 105 VR!

I went out around 6 tonight and it was overcast and a bit cloudy so I used the flash. This lens is sooooo good!

144650707-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

144650727-O.jpg

144650745-O.jpg

144650781-O.jpg

144650829-O.jpg

144650847-O.jpg

Rich

Rich, Great shots, you have flowers? All I have is a lot of water in my yard:biggrin: . A few tulips were starting to pop up a couple of weeks ago but since then we have had snow and an awful amount of rain. - Jeff

Rich, Great shots, you have flowers? All I have is a lot of water in my yard:biggrin: . A few tulips were starting to pop up a couple of weeks ago but since then we have had snow and an awful amount of rain. - Jeff

I went to a stream path and found a couple tiny flowers (2&5) among the dreary browns of trees still awaiting warmer weather. As I walked back to my house I came upon some neighbors' houses each with one type flower. I hand held all of the shots. I screened them with Photo Manager, processed them with NX and fine tuned with Photoshop (shadows and highlights & unsharp mask).

After I bought the lens I wondered if I had bought it on impluse. I've had nothing but delight shooting with it.

Rich

Glad you like the lens, I just got a copy myself over the last week but the NE weather has dampened my opportunities to use it. I think I will be very happy with it as well, took a few shots indorrs (posted elsewhere). Have fun - Jeff

Rich, these are great. I'm glad that you found something to photograph. I had 4 pots of hyacinths until the Nor'Easter came through. Now I have a pile of dirt and broken stems. My daffodils gave up too!! Oh well, they say we can plant bulbs around May 15th...I have my bulbs in a dark closet. And I am starting a few plants indoors to get a headstart.

Z

zzhangz

Did you notice that the aperture is not always F2.8? sometimes it's F4 at macro range.

P

pamato

Just got mine..

I recently upgraded from the Sigma 105 to the Nikon 105 VR...
I miss the lightness of the Sigma but the internal focus and VR make a lot of difference.

Paul

Once you try it as a short-medium tele, I think you'll be even happier with the lens. Nikon really got it right with this one.

Nice shots Rich. What flash? Where did you position it? What settings were you using?

It was the D200 and I used it's built in flash. I'm so knowledgeless about this lens I assumed it was like any other. I set it at f8 to try to get a deeper field of view. I gather that you can't do that from the post previous to yours. That would explain why I couldn't deepen it. There's always something more to learn in photography.

Thanks, Rich

Latest threads

Top Bottom