Grace: Chuckit Beach Shoot 2021

Real Name
Dan
Yesterday was a near perfect day at the beach. So I took the camera along for our annual day at the beach shoot with Grace.

D850/300mm PF

1) Eyes on the ball
p4138057315-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) The catch
p4138057316-6.jpg

3) Follow through
p4138057317-6.jpg

4) Again
p4138057312-6.jpg

5) ... and again
p4138057302-6.jpg

6) Still got it.
p4138057301-6.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Sweet set of images! Grace is a beauty! Great images you created! Is this the 300mm PF? Nice focal length and size for an outing!

Nice set of images...I like #3 and #6 the most. #6 is a great portrait with attention to the background. #2 and #4 have good body positions, but the eye(s) are either more difficult to see or partially blocked (by an ear!). It appears to me that the jumping shots were captured from a standing position...I would have preferred a lower vantage point for the camera so that the height of the jump would appear even more dramatic and also to provide a very smooth, clean background.

Glenn

Real Name
Dan
Sweet set of images! Grace is a beauty! Great images you created! Is this the 300mm PF? Nice focal length and size for an outing!
Thanks, Karen. Yes the 300 PF and shot with the D850 in 1.2x crop mode. So 360mm equivalent in a pretty small package.
Nice set of images....It appears to me that the jumping shots were captured from a standing position...I would have preferred a lower vantage point for the camera so that the height of the jump would appear even more dramatic and also to provide a very smooth, clean background.
Thanks, Glenn. You gave me something to think about. I've shot from knee level before and with long focal length standing vs down on one knee doesn't make a dramatic difference. But it does sometimes result in the horizon in the frame which I try to avoid. Maybe I'll try shooting shorter FL and lay down. We're here for another month so should be able to do so. Assuming my ball chucker will cooperate. :rolleyes:

For this shoot I intentionally tried to have either surf or dunes(none posted) in the BG to give a sense of place and also try to avoid having the horizon split the frame. So not not only did I shoot standing but also picked a spot for most of the shots so that I was uphill of the dog. No.5 was shot on level ground and as you can see the horizon got in the frame. I did get down on a knee for the last shot to get closer to eye level.

Real Name
Dan
Good images. She really gets high off the ground (5.)
Thanks, Allan. Yes she gets some elevation.
Great sequence Dan and what a great looking dog.
Thanks, Louie. She's getting a little grey but still moving well.
Sweet shots and what a beautiful dog. She's striking.
Thanks, Glenn. She is a looker.
Lovely images Dan. She jumps so high.
Glad you enjoyed them, Binnur. She definitely catches some air.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom