1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Grand Canyon In Winter

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by MNglass, Mar 3, 2019.

1. There is actually a long story that goes with this that involves a bit of driving, some good decisions and some poor decisions. We've been to the GC several times over the years and it is always impressive. I wanted to see it in winter and yes, there was almost no one on the trails which felt unique for the GC!

This is a much reduced (and overlapped) 4 frame pano - the original is 12K pixels on the horizontal.
    20190218-13-48-25-Pano copy 3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Very nice landscape

3. A majestic scene, beautifully captured and processed!
    Excellent work!

4. Fabulous! Absolutely nothing like that here.

5. stunning landscape the b&w!

6. Fantastic image!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great photo!! Your B&W is very nice. I would love to see the color version, too, since the colors there are so fantastic!

8. Wonderful image ... great way to celebrate the park's centennial!! And, I agree with Terri - love to see the color version as well!!

Ken

9. Striking image. The detail is amazing. Wonderful black and white processing. The low clouds add another great dimension to this scene.

What may not be obvious at first is that those clouds are SUSPENDED IN THE MIDDLE of the canyon. The canyon is several miles wide at this point, so those clouds are suspended over the middle of the canyon blocking us from seeing the top of the far edge.

Very nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.