1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Grand Canyon South Rim

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by twinturboteddy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    View of Bright Angel Trail.

[​IMG]
    1 mile drop, sandals, camera. That was about as scary as that looks.

2. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Very nice, but I'd maybe crop the first photo so the horizon line isn't in the centre of the frame.

3. Brings back memories of roadtrip three summers ago. Have to say that preferred the North Rim to the South but enjoyed first shot.

4. great shots....the second one is scary for sure

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    1st is really beautiful ! 2nd...omg !

6. That's actually a really good idea, thanks!

7. The first one is beautiful. I like the colors in it. I'll second Mark's crop suggestion. Overall though, great images.

God Bless,
    David

8. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    how long was that exposure on the first, and that guy has got some guts!

9. First was shot using a Fuji S5 Pro, 11mm, f/2.8, ISO 100, 300 seconds (5 mins). Used 2 Cokin Z graduated ND filters to darken the sky, ND4 and ND2

That was me on the ledge =D Sandals and everything.

This guy here kicks my butt when it comes to sandals and the Grand Canyon.

dumbluck1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Wonderful captures.......the first image is awesome. I recently visited the Grand Canyon West Rim and I was in awe............I was also amazed how close people go to the edge. It's one hell of a drop.

11. Wow! Beautiful twilight shot and the 2nd one almost makes me quezy in the stomach.

12. Would love to get out there one day - Thanks for sharing!

Bill

13. Number 2, all I can say is been there, done that and wondered why I did. Gimmie Crickets it was a long way down!

Love the sky in the first one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.