Grand Teton and Yellowstone in June

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by kccheers, May 17, 2005.

1. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Wow! First I get a 28-70 2.8 to go with my D70 and 70-200 2.8, now we are goung to Grand Teton and Yellowstome National Parks for 10 days starting June 11th. Never been there, so could someone let me know what I am in for?

cheers from KC

2. The grand Tetons are some of the most magnificent mountains anywhere. From the valley you can get some spectacular shots in the early morning and late afternoon. I have taken pictures of bull elk and moose in and around that area as well. Jackson hole is a really interesting cowboy town with lots or motorcycles lined up at all the bars in town. Fun place for nightlife.

Yellowstone speaks for itself and no matter where you go in the park there are beautiful scenes, geysers, mud pots, pools, rivers, lakes, and tons of wildlife. the Deer and elk will walk right to you, not to mention the bears which can be a nuisance. Don't go too close to the moose as they can be a little cranky at times and some tourists have been injured. You will have no trouble filling up your memory card.

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I can't wait to see what you come out of there with, since two days after I
    pull in to Idaho we are heading to Yellowstone for the 4th of July weekend.

4. I'll be checking with you two on good spots. I'm headed off for these two places and elsewhere in a month or so. I'm taking a couple months off and going on my MLC (mid-life crazies) motorcycle/camera tour of the west. Got a new Harley and D2X....how much better could it get? :p Well, I suppose a biker babe would make it complete. :shock: (Provided she didn't beat me up or tattoo me in my sleep.)