Grand Teton Trip

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by james thiel, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Thanks to the fine pictures Terry French and others have posted it inspired me to take a trip with my wife to the Tetons and Yellowstone. I have never been to this area and after going I know I will go back often.

We were blessed and cursed with weather. It was sunny and nice but the lack of clouds did not help for the landscape shots. The clear sky did make it cold and thus the trees turned pretty fast after we got there. We did encounter snow on the last two days in Yellowstone. I have posted several shots of the wildlife we saw and now am posting a few of the scenic shots.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. Wow! Wow! Wow! And I thought you were a great birdie photog! These are fantastic!! Nice job, Jim!!

3. OUTSTANDING IMAGES James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    That's the spirit... you get inspired by others, and you return the favor by inspiring all of us!!! :wink:

{ I should better inspire somebody about my spot on the map, so I can get a fellow NikonCafenian to visit me... hmmm :rolleyes: }

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2005
  4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Nice one James, really glad you enjoyed the mountains.

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Beautiful shots James. I looked through all the images in your gallery and really enjoyed them. Looks like you were there the same week we were supposed to go if Hurricane Rita hadn't screwed up our travel plans. Seeing your great pictures just makes me more determined to go next year.

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Beautifull,beautifull,more please

7. Beautiful images of my favorite scenic spot in the USA. Your captures are very professional with good exposures and composition. Well done Jim.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
  8. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. This is a beautiful spot and I can see why you like it so much Gordon. If I lived in Utah I would be visiting the parks a lot also. Very nice. I would love to be able to spend more time there. We have some pretty spots here in the NW but nothing like this. Again thanks for all the comments.

9. That was really unfortunate that the hurricane screwed up your trip. I hope you and your family came through it ok. You really do need to get there someday as it is such a beautiful spot. I can't wait to get back there.

10. Kevin, I found out on this trip how hard it is to go from landscape to action. I really need to remember to change the ISO, and the HSC mode screwed me up more than once because I forgot I had it on. But it did come in handy on a few landscapes when my 18-35 lens was too wide. I like that mode more and more as I use it. Thanks again for looking.

11. Hi Jim -

These are amazing! And the first one - it's one of the finest shots I've seen in a long time! Amazing light and technique on that one.

I know that I'm already planning to get back up to Yellowstone next summer - although I think that its eastern entrance will still be closed from 8:00 pm through 8:00 am for construction. Maybe I'll need to stay somewhere closer to the Grand Tetons' south gate to be able to get in there for some of the light you captured.

Thanks for sharing these here.

Eric

12. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Jim,

These are just perfect - all of them. If you're so inclined you should be able to sell many, many prints of them.

Now I've got to go to your pbase site to see more.

13. Superb pictures, great compositions and colors.

14. Stunning images!!!! Superb colours, great captures.... love the series.

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi James Thiel,

Simply beautiful. Looks like you had a very rewarding trip.

Regards

RFC

16. Again thanks to all for your kind words and taking the time to look and comment. It was a great trip that I will do again. I am just now catching up from my lack of sleep from the trip.

17. RLHodge

RLHodge

Oct 5, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Wow. Exceptionally good work. I went to Yellowstone and the Tetons in the summer (June) a few years back and I thought it was beautiful but not compared to the fall. Congratulations on some great photography. You have really captured the season.

Rick

18. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Thanks for sharing

All are post card perfect. Frame them.

19. gorgeous work...enjoyed them all :smile:

20. Magnificant! Stunning! Wow!

Thanks for sharing. It's been a long long time since I last visited the area.