Grand Teton Wildlife Part One.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Oct 7, 2005.

1. My wife and I just returned from one of the best trips we have ever had. We went to the Grand Tetons for a week and then to Yellowstone for a few days. We saw so much wildlife. Black bears with cubs, moose, elk, bison, pronghorns, deer, eagles, trumpeter swans and ducks. Here are a few pictures of the black bear and some moose. The black bear pictures were taken with my 70-200vr hand held with my D100. Yes, I was too close but the ranger was next to me and we were watching mom in the tree very close. It did not take long to draw a large group of photographers. I would have loved to own some of the gear that was there.

The pictures of the Moose were from the Oxbow bend area and some around the Jackson Lodge. This is a great place to go and see wildlife.

Black Bear Cub looking at us after eating berries.
    original.

Mother Black Bear trying to get that top berry.
    View attachment 16432
    Bison in Aspen Color
    View attachment 16433
    Another Bison in the Tetons.
    View attachment 16434
    Bull elk in early snow in Yellowstone
    View attachment 16435
    Another shot of bull elk
    View attachment 16436
    Bull trying to get close to Cow in river near Oxbow Bend
    View attachment 16437
    Bull waiting for cow to wake up
    View attachment 16438
    Bull moose on tip of island
    View attachment 16439
    Bison in snow storm in Yellowstone Park
    View attachment 16440

View attachment 16441

2. Jim, these are all absolutely wonderful shots.

louie

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW is all i can say.

Wish I was there.

Beautiful images.

4. That must have been one hell of a trip!

Why wish for other equioment when you can get results like this. It is the PHOTOGRAPHER that gets the picture NOT the equipment. A lot of D2X buyers have learnt this.

Best wishes. Bob F.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    A great bunch of photos. I love when trips work out that well.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Wonderful pictures. Glad you guys had a great trip.

7. Great shots, Jim! Was surprised to see snow already, but I guess it's not uncommon for that area. Glad you had a great trip and that you're back home safe and sound!

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

My problem with these, is.........You didn't take me with you :frown:

Great stuff, love the color/contrast in the 1st

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots James. Looks like a trip that Janie and I need to take. :smile:

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful shots, Jim! Looks like it was a great trip!

11. More wonderful shots, they just keep coming. What can I say, I have used up all my superlatives.

12. Frank it is an absolutely great trip. The only problem is I need a vacation after the vacation. Getting up in the dark every morning and staying out until after the sun went down sure made me tired. I think we hit the time just right. You would enjoy it a lot and you should put it on your short list. Thanks all for looking and being so kind with your comments.

13. Love the bison in the snow. Glad you had a good time Jim. Waiting for more...

14. Jim,

It sure looks like you had a great trip. Great pics. First bear shot is really neat. You must have been very close! Looks like winter is starting to close in there.