Grand Union Canal (in Warwickshire)

Real Name
Carl
Beautiful photo!
I have always been interested in that sort of boat. Do people actually live on them? What does it cost to tie them up at the locations along the canals or rivers, or is it no cost?

Real Name
Paul
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful photo!
I have always been interested in that sort of boat. Do people actually live on them? What does it cost to tie them up at the locations along the canals or rivers, or is it no cost?
Yes, people do live on them. I worked for a guy many years ago who decided to sell his house and take up residence in a river boat similar to this one. He and his wife had recently retired and it suited them perfectly. I'm not sure of the pricing details for moorings. I know in his case that he found a private mooring in a little lagoon off the River Ouse (in the east of England) which was ridiculously cheap, but I think if you use moorings provided by British Waterways (who administer the canals) it's a a lot more expensive.

Real Name
Carl
Yes, people do live on them. I worked for a guy many years ago who decided to sell his house and take up residence in a river boat similar to this one. He and his wife had recently retired and it suited them perfectly. I'm not sure of the pricing details for moorings. I know in his case that he found a private mooring in a little lagoon off the River Ouse (in the east of England) which was ridiculously cheap, but I think if you use moorings provided by British Waterways (who administer the canals) it's a a lot more expensive.
Thanks for the info!😊

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom