Grandagon 90mm 1:6.8 Lens.

Another Large Format lens I received this past week.

Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f/6.8 MC mounted on my Pacemaker Speed.
p1000565g.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I also just received a Rodenstock Sironar-N 150 f/5.6 that I hope to test tomorrow, with some TriX 320 sheets.

Here are some test shots from the Grandagon 90. The film is Delta 100 shot at box speed. I will start playing with the front movement to correct the distortion from angling the camera up.

img007web.jpg

My favorite gazebo.
img008web.jpg

Thanks Bill. I think I am going to like this lens. I am still undecided about the 180 Sironar-N, I need to experiment more with it.

I like these results better, but it seems you were having a bit of a flail with the
Sironar (is this the de Bergerac model? :biggrin:), hope you give it another try
before flinging.

I agree, some more experimentation is in order. I think that if I use the 180 for more of a portrait type lens, I'll be OK. Plus most of the shortcoming from my test could be blamed on me. I got 50 4x5 sheets if TriX 320 to help me along.

I have that Sironar-N 150mm, i am planning to buy 2 lenses in the near future, i use that lens on my Shen Hao, and my Pacemaker SG has Optar 162mm mounted on its lensboard.

Tareq, my Speed came with an Optar 135. I cleaned and relubricated the shutter mechanism to fix a problem with the shutter sticking at lower speeds. I will test it later today with the 150mm I just received.

Cool, how did you clean and relubricated the shutter?

I disassembled the shutter and cleaned the components with naphtha in the form of Ronsonol lighter fluid. And then relubed with a real fine oil. What was really gunked up were the retarding, escapement and center wheel assemblies which control the slow shutter speeds.

I disassembled the shutter and cleaned the components with naphtha in the form of Ronsonol lighter fluid. And then relubed with a real fine oil. What was really gunked up were the retarding, escapement and center wheel assemblies which control the slow shutter speeds.

I see, ok, i will see if my shutter need some clean and lubricating.
Thanks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom