Grande finale...NOT

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Hello!

Well, it really looks like the end of season. I went to my usual location here on sunday and didn´t find much...Saw couple of flies but that´s about it, no sound of hoppers, no dragons... :frown:

So here´s the last new pics from this season and it isn´t much:

#1 Some of my previous post I wrote that this must be the most stupid fly on earth just the way it looks like. Well, I found out that it´s also the bravest and toughest guy in the field. A valuable lesson learned, don´t judge a fly by the way it looks like :biggrin:
    jtttt002.

#2 This is version of tradition we have when I and (as we say here) my companion of life travelling, the last pic is always taken so that camera is turned other way around to take a pic of ourselfs. That´s how I took the last pic of the season, so here´s my VF eye:
    jtttt001.

Thanks for looking!!!

2. It's good to see eye-to-eye Jukka ;-) Maybe you will find some frozen fly for the winter months to keep you amused...

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    You have such talent and an "eye" for creative perspectives....I truly hope this isn't a true finale...Please do find something else to share with us!

4. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    jtttt002.

Good thing we do not have to see these things up close everyday. Great photo, but freaky looking it is!

5. Hi Jonathan, Leigh & Ron!!!

Thanks! I hope I´ll find some bugs to shoot during these colder months. And I do have some pics from this past summer which I haven´t posted yet, so every now and then I´ll post some of them...