Grandma Viola & Megan (comments???)

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Feb 13, 2005.

1. My mother-in-law is just a few months shy of her 90th birthday. I took this picture in her room with a bounce flash and a reflector below her face in what they call a clam shell arrangement. I am not touting this as a great picture but it was pleasing to her and to her family. D2H, 17-55mm f2.8 lens and SB800 flash in iTTL.

[​IMG]

This second picture is of my grand-daughter Megan who is just 15. I would like to have had more room to move the background back further but alas that was all I had. I have since received my stand and umbrella so perhaps I can do better next time.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Two very nice shots Gordon. Your mother-in-law looks like she has seen and enjoyed much in her long life. Hard to imagine being born before WW I, and living through all of that history.

Please give her my regards.

Frank

3. Gordon

She looks fantastic for her age and you did a great job capturing here, thinking of a 2nd SB800 an stand and umbrellas but at some point the $$$ spendign must stop...lol

4. Thanks Frank and Mike, she is doing well for 89+ and still gets around pretty well. Now her mind is something else.

5. Gordon, I dont know much about taking portraits, but it seems to me you did a super job. There isn't a reflextion in the glasses, it's well lit and sharp. Nice shots.

6. Thanks for your nice comments Harris. As you can suppose this was not meant to be a studio shot but rather something better than a standard straight on flash image.