Grandma's Little Angels...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, Apr 13, 2007.

1. This is Olive, Grandma of the three little terrors shown below. Jake, Omi and Ben...

Olive is in her eighties, has suffered from leukaemia for years and has recently undergone a serious kidney operation.

Lately, she has not had a lot to smile about. So I took my two boys over to see her during Easter, and their little cousin too.

Needless to say......... it's the first time in months I have seen her smile like this! :smile:

143460722-L.

2. God bless her! You can't begin to understand how much grand children mean to us folks! That was very thougtful of you to do this for her.

"Grandpa" Rich

3. That is a touching story Graeme and well illustrated with your image. We musn't forget our older family members and your are to be commended for doing so.

4. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    This is very touching, Graeme. Many of us forget what little things we need to do to make our senior citizens happy. I am glad that Olive finally smiled thanks, not in a small part, to you. Great image BTW. Definitely a keeper.

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Kids can learn so much from their wizened grandparents. At the same time Grandfolks thrive on their grandchildren. I doubt that anything could bring Ms. Olive more joy than spending the day with her three little ones.

Unfortunately its the "busy" and "hectic" lives of the adults in between that cause the disconnect. I'm guilty of it as well. My kids don't see their grandparents nearly as much as they should.

Your photo and the story behind it serve as an excellent reminder to all parents of young kids to take the time to get 'em together with the G'Parents often.

Thanks Graeme!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is a very sweet and meaningful image
    So great of you to take the children to see her.
    Bless Her

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Beautiful story, and a wonderful image. You have create a treasure with this photo. Very nice Graeme.

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

print it out and slap that baby in a frame for her !! Nice job buddy

9. Rich....... many thanks!

Thank you Gordon.

Thanks Banhup!

Glad you understand Stu! :wink:

Thanks Gale.

Thank you Fred.

Topher, I just might do that! :cool: