Grasshopper.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Aug 15, 2005.

1. A few shots from a Grasshopper from yesterdays shoot, holidays are over back to work no more morning and afternoon shoots. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taken with the 200 f4 micro and T. S. flash bracket.

Hows my lighting, I have been trying to improve it.

Martin

2. Brew

Brew Guest

Nice lighting on those little guys!!! The color is great as well.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Anytime I see you post, I gotta look :>))

Now I have to find, spidey and grasshoppers :>))

Really nice Martin,

I could never do jutice to them I am sure.

4. I like the composition on the last one best. Very nice images.

5. Same thing but cropped.

I tried some crops for a more upclose and personal look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Martin

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice hoppers Martin. As for the lighting, well, let me out it this way; I should be so well lighted. 8)

7. Wow! Martin, I thought the first series was great and well lit, but the cropped versions are even better. I have been considering the Sigma ring flash for my 70-180. Lighting is such a mystery to me. Have your tried a ring flash or do you have your own bracketing creation? I can't remember. :?:

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow. These are even more awesome (if possible) Martin. You should be a Nikkor 200mm AF micro salesman (or at least get a commission on their sales ;-)).

9. Bruce, Gale, Gordon, Crystall and Frank, thank you very much for the feedback and nice comments.

martin

10. Hi Crystall, I haven't tried a ring flash and have been using my own creations, here is a picture of the setup I use with the 200 f4 micro, for my reversed lens work I have a setup I use with the SB-800 that gives me almost ringflash like lighting which is good for some insects like flies and the more shiny bugs, I don't have picture of that one and I am still fine tuning it.

Martin

Top Secret Flash Bracket.
    [​IMG]

11. Now that is a contraption and a half. Awesome pics Martin, luv the crops!! Now all we have to do is get some Nikoncafe stickers to put on that big ring and add it to the nikon store, what do you think Patrick and Frank ;-)

How do you like the lumiquest for diffused lighting?

12. As always Martin, awesome details and lighting, nice saturated colour too.

Great work!

Regards,
    Jonathan

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I think it would be a great idea Keith. Gotta figure out how to pay for this big new server somehow. :roll:

14. Thanks Keith, I love my Lumiquest I won't do macro without it now.

Lol, sure the Cafe can have full rights to the Top Secret Flash Bracket but I think it would take more than a sticker before someone would want to be seen in public with that monster. :wink:

Martin

15. Very very nice, Martin. Your lighting setup for macro shot is awesome.

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Martin,

As you know, I'm one of the noobs here that is trying to learn to shoot macros. I've been to the Lumiquest site (thanks for pointing me there), but was wondering which piece(s) of their gear are you using?

Thanks,

18. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Martin.