Grasshopper.

A few shots from a Grasshopper from yesterdays shoot, holidays are over back to work no more morning and afternoon shoots. :(

32202246-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

32195005-L.jpg

32171912-L.jpg

Taken with the 200 f4 micro and T. S. flash bracket.

Hows my lighting, I have been trying to improve it.

Martin

B

Brew

Nice lighting on those little guys!!! The color is great as well.

Anytime I see you post, I gotta look :>))

Now I have to find, spidey and grasshoppers :>))

Really nice Martin,

I could never do jutice to them I am sure.

Same thing but cropped.

I tried some crops for a more upclose and personal look.

32335054-L.jpg

32335061-L.jpg

32335059-L.jpg

Martin

Nice hoppers Martin. As for the lighting, well, let me out it this way; I should be so well lighted. 8)

Wow! Martin, I thought the first series was great and well lit, but the cropped versions are even better. I have been considering the Sigma ring flash for my 70-180. Lighting is such a mystery to me. Have your tried a ring flash or do you have your own bracketing creation? I can't remember. :?:

Wow. These are even more awesome (if possible) Martin. You should be a Nikkor 200mm AF micro salesman (or at least get a commission on their sales ;-)).

CrystallP said:
Wow! Martin, I thought the first series was great and well lit, but the cropped versions are even better. I have been considering the Sigma ring flash for my 70-180. Lighting is such a mystery to me. Have your tried a ring flash or do you have your own bracketing creation? I can't remember. :?:

Hi Crystall, I haven't tried a ring flash and have been using my own creations, here is a picture of the setup I use with the 200 f4 micro, for my reversed lens work I have a setup I use with the SB-800 that gives me almost ringflash like lighting which is good for some insects like flies and the more shiny bugs, I don't have picture of that one and I am still fine tuning it.

Martin

Top Secret Flash Bracket.
30837094-L.jpg

Now that is a contraption and a half. Awesome pics Martin, luv the crops!! Now all we have to do is get some Nikoncafe stickers to put on that big ring and add it to the nikon store, what do you think Patrick and Frank ;-)

How do you like the lumiquest for diffused lighting?

Keith said:
Now that is a contraption and a half. Awesome pics Martin, luv the crops!! Now all we have to do is get some Nikoncafe stickers to put on that big ring and add it to the nikon store, what do you think Patrick and Frank ;-)

I think it would be a great idea Keith. Gotta figure out how to pay for this big new server somehow. :roll:

Keith said:

Thanks Keith, I love my Lumiquest I won't do macro without it now.

Lol, sure the Cafe can have full rights to the Top Secret Flash Bracket but I think it would take more than a sticker before someone would want to be seen in public with that monster. :wink:

Martin

kramp said:
Keith said:

Lol, sure the Cafe can have full rights to the Top Secret Flash Bracket but I think it would take more than a sticker before someone would want to be seen in public with that monster. :wink:

Martin

Martin,

As you know, I'm one of the noobs here that is trying to learn to shoot macros. I've been to the Lumiquest site (thanks for pointing me there), but was wondering which piece(s) of their gear are you using?

Thanks,

Flew said:
kramp said:
Keith said:

Martin

Martin,

As you know, I'm one of the noobs here that is trying to learn to shoot macros. I've been to the Lumiquest site (thanks for pointing me there), but was wondering which piece(s) of their gear are you using?

Thanks,

Hi Frank, I have the mini softbox and the softbox there both small flash mounted softboxes that attach with velcro.

Model numbers are lq925 and lq951.

You can peel them off the flash, fold them up and stick them in your pocket, nice and portable.

I wouldn't mind an Ultrasoft also, looks like it would be good for macro.

Martin

Latest threads

Top Bottom