Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neil, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    OK this little easier click on Insert Image button and paste http location then click OK.

[​IMG]
    Then thanks to Frank for information in General Discussion/Spell checker for link to update my browser I can fix all my misspelled words.

Neil

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeow Neil; that's one cool hopper shot. :wink:

The lens you used was??

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Not sure why this thread got locked. I reopened it as I wanted to comment on what a beautiful little guy you captured here Neil.

Hoppers are cool!

4. this is very well done indeed!

5. Really nice hopper image Neil. I like the all green look.

6. Cool hopper! Was that a tail or something else?

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Was wondering the same thing

Good shot, what is that appendage coming out of his butt? :confused: 

8. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Frank: used the Nikon AF Micro Nikkor 60 mm f/2.8D lens, D70, Aperture Priority, Multi-Pattern, 1/50 s f/9, Exposure 0, ISO 200, White Balance - Direct Sunlight, AF-S, Adobe RGB.
    Patrick: thanks for unlocking did not know how to unlock or how I locked it.
    Dave & Gordon Thank you I was very happy how this shot turned out glad you liked it.
    Jonathan & Steve: not sure if thats a tail or appendage, sure looks strange. What also looks strange is on either side of the Tail-Appendage is two pointed spurs. Looks like end of sharpened pencil.
    Neil

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the info Neil. :smile:

10. That's sharp. I dont know why i have not seen any this year.

11. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Thanks again Gilles, got lucky was walking around yard looking for spider and was able to see the grasshopper instead.
    Neil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.