Gravity And Water

12-24 dx, tokina atx 28-70 2.6-2.8, polarizer
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 8986

View attachment 8987

View attachment 8988

Comments and suggestions welcome

T

tamachan

CraigH. said:
12-24 dx, tokina atx 28-70 2.6-2.8, polarizer

original.gif

Comments and suggestions welcome

I love this last picture... but I prefer a little more contrasty images. Here's the same picture from CS that I selected the shadows (CTRL-ALT-~, CTRL-SHFT-I, CTRL-J, USM 30-60-6) and applied USM in a separate layer. I then adjusted the opacity to my liking -- 65%.

Since it's a 'wet' picture, the added contrast should add more pop. Also, I like to have the rocks on the sides to stand out more to frame the falls.

This was just a quick adjustment... techniques vary, but you know how that goes...

22309440-O.jpg

Beautiful silky shots, Craig, however, I notice that some of your shots seem to lean a touch to the right?
I just love waterfall pics - what exposure did you use on these - you've captured them beautifullly.

J

jkamphof

Very nice, I also really like number four. Did you do any highlight or shadow adjustment (or D-Lighting)? The exposure is great.

Joel.

Beautiful images for sure.

Think I would play with paint with light and give a bit more pop and character.

I have noticed my images on the net get a bit dulled. So this just very well might be the case..

Final test is in the print and would they sell.

Sell ?? yeah I definately think so.

Great Job.

TOLady said:
Beautiful silky shots, Craig, however, I notice that some of your shots seem to lean a touch to the right?
I just love waterfall pics - what exposure did you use on these - you've captured them beautifullly.

Thankyou Sandi. you may be right about the tilt. also get skewed perspectives with the wide angle on some when I can't shoot head on . sometime not able to get into the right position because of things outside of the frame. othertimes just a creative choice of postion. Not the tilt itself but the angle and compositon sometimes gives the skeward perspective. If nikon comes out with a pc dx lens it could help this problem.

about 1/2 on the first two and one second on the last. was not dark enough. Ive experimented with different speeds. ilike it at about 2 second if possible

jkamphof said:
Very nice, I also really like number four. Did you do any highlight or shadow adjustment (or D-Lighting)? The exposure is great.

Joel.
Thankyou Joel. exposed to the right as possible without blow out. it was partly cloudy. Processed inACR.increased brightnes and backed off the contrast some while raw to open the shadows some. Then open as psd and use a soft lighght/bightness/contrast layer. sometimes a minor bump right in the middle with curves. I don't use the S&H command too much. it can look too hoaky to me somtimes.

Very very well done Craig! & Maki's tweaks are good too

Man, if I lived around scenery like this, I just might be a landscape photographer too.

Gale said:
Beautiful images for sure.

Think I would play with paint with light and give a bit more pop and character.

I have noticed my images on the net get a bit dulled. So this just very well might be the case..

Final test is in the print and would they sell.

Sell ?? yeah I definately think so.

Great Job.
Thankyou Gale :D .I agree they could use a little more snap. I was tired when processing did not take my usaul anal time with them last night.
Ilike the treatment Maki did withe the last one.
I see what you mean. I think the images lose some color and contrast when comming through pbase.

tamachan said:
I love this last picture... but I prefer a little more contrasty images. Here's the same picture from CS that I selected the shadows (CTRL-ALT-~, CTRL-SHFT-I, CTRL-J, USM 30-60-6) and applied USM in a separate layer. I then adjusted the opacity to my liking -- 65%.

Since it's a 'wet' picture, the added contrast should add more pop. Also, I like to have the rocks on the sides to stand out more to frame the falls.

This was just a quick adjustment... techniques vary, but you know how that goes...

22309440-O.jpg

Hi Maki. thankyou! 8) it does look more how i would like.
Just curios, what did you do to the side rockface? selective usm?

I

imokah

Very soothing to look at, Craig

<I need to take pictures and stop reading this forum..Eh?>

CraigH. said:
original.gif

WOW. I wish I could be there. Thnaks for sharing

Correction. the last one is called Fulmer not Fulm. These are some of the nicest falls Ive seen in the DWNRA. Very easy to get to. not far from the car. Falls are in George W Childs Recreational Area, Dingmans Ferry PA.

I like the saturation and the silky white curtains. These are surprising, when you notice that the leaves and twigs do not show sign of movement. Just great. I prefer all in all the originals for their detailed and full range. The tilt on the first and second posts is a bit annoying. Great light and superb exposure.

chbar said:
I like the saturation and the silky white curtains. These are surprising, when you notice that the leaves and twigs do not show sign of movement. Just great. I prefer all in all the originals for their detailed and full range. The tilt on the first and second posts is a bit annoying. Great light and superb exposure.
Thankyou Chbar for your compliment. The tilted appearence of the first shot is skewed perspective. if you rotate the image so the mid platform is level the waterfall will tilt in an unatural manner an appear to defy gravity. not much I can do. would have to shoot this particular composition with a view camera that allows good tilt and shift movement to get it visually correct.

kind regards

Latest threads

Top Bottom