1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gray Catbird and House Finches.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by nuclearjock, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Out again this morning. First male House Finch this year, (rather late in the season for me). All with the D500+200-500 f/5.6+1.4 TC II:

Edit: I always post @~1600 pixels width so if you can view them full screen, they might look better.

1. Gray Catbird.
    DSC_3331_PS2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Female House Finch.
    DSC_3401_PS2_1600.jpg

3. Male House Finch.
    DSC_3472_PS2.jpg

4. A different male.
    DSC_3486_PS2_1600.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Oh my, ever so nice.

3. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Wow you cant complain about the quality of the images from this setup Rick. Have you tried the lens with the TC on the D850 yet :) ? If so what are the differences in focusing and image quality.
    mike

4. Thanks buddy :) (y).
    No difference if AF or IQ (FF or 24x16 dx crop). I know the D850 sensor is BSI, and that may buy me a little sensitivity but it doesn't mean anything since the 200-500/1.4 tc is f/8 and meant for good light anyway. The D500 is no slouch when it comes to IQ. I can't tell the difference from the D850.
    Edit: Some shots with the D850+70-200+1.4tc here

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. That House Finch is sweet Rick, nicely done.

6. Thanks again Louie. I envy you and your shore birds. Maybe I'll take a hike to Lake Michigan and shoot some gulls and terns.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.