Critique Great Blue Heron in Flight

Looking through images from ealier this year for another project.
I ran across a couple I had overlooked.
I like it when I can get the shadow across the wing, makes it a little different that a bird on a stick
Gary

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Very unusual! And your "style" is showing! LOL! Dramatic B&W.....uncluttered! I, too, like the shadow on the wing. Don't think I've ever seen that....or been aware of that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Karen, thanks. One thing I like about black and white is it does make us notice things we often overlook. Shapes, graphics, light and dark is all we have to work with.
When I get used to seeing all the details, they are also there in color- but we simply do not bother to see.
Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the support, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see this featured on our front page.
This is one of those images that did not shine, until I converted it to black and white. This is one preset I made in capture one and a shadow adjustments- nothing fancy and all global stuff.
This is presently printed and leaning on my easel. It did not pass the wife test, but lots of my favorites don't. That's ok too.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom