Great Blue Heron

Taken this past weekend at Viera, FL.

gbh1-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very sharp and well composed. I know it's hard on these birds in direct sun, but watch your exposure - there are some blown-out areas on the head. If you shoot NEF's, you might be able to drop the exposure and recover those areas.

Very sharp and well composed. I know it's hard on these birds in direct sun, but watch your exposure - there are some blown-out areas on the head. If you shoot NEF's, you might be able to drop the exposure and recover those areas.

I have not had time to post process, but thanks for pointing it out. I will check it when I have time & redo the areas of attention. Have you been to the Orlando Wetlands?

I have not had time to post process, but thanks for pointing it out. I will check it when I have time & redo the areas of attention. Have you been to the Orlando Wetlands?

Many times - I have not been much the last year or so since it seems the birds have gotten very skittish and I haven't been able to approach close enough for many good shots. Not sure what happened last year, but things definitely seemed to have changed. THe GBH's are the boldest and last time I was out they were the only thing I was able to photograph well.

i spend most of my time elsewhere these days.

Many times - I have not been much the last year or so since it seems the birds have gotten very skittish and I haven't been able to approach close enough for many good shots. Not sure what happened last year, but things definitely seemed to have changed. THe GBH's are the boldest and last time I was out they were the only thing I was able to photograph well.

i spend most of my time elsewhere these days.

Theres Cara-Caras in the parking. if you go in to the right side of the woods theres a Barred owl couple hanging around. The pileated are usually to the left of the pavillions.

Have you checked out Circle B Ranch in Lakeland?

Theres Cara-Caras in the parking. if you go in to the right side of the woods theres a Barred owl couple hanging around. The pileated are usually to the left of the pavillions.

Have you checked out Circle B Ranch in Lakeland?

The Caracara's never seem to be there when I am. Where exactly are the owls?

Haven't been to Circle B - was going to go this spring, but they closed the good trail due to gator mating and it got hot early, so I passed. This year has mostly been Viera and St Augustine. I'm boycotting Gatorland over their firing of Mike Godwin and shutting down the early entry for photographers.

It's been a slow year bird-wise for me due to a variety of reasons.

Latest threads

Top Bottom