Great Blue Heron

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Irenejoy, Sep 8, 2005.

1. 48950548.

D70 80x00vr.Taken in the early morning sun. The Herons are spending more time at the shore feeding. In preparation for their migration to you southerners for the winter.

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Irene,

Good capture on the GBH. I would have knicked the exposure down a tad. How are you lking the 80-400VR/ That has been one of my favorites for wildlife shooting.

D70 80x00vr.Taken in the early morning sun. The Herons are spending more time at the shore feeding. In preparation for their migration to you southerners for the winter.[/QUOTE]

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice GBH Irene. You can keep your's if you like. We already have a bunch down here. :rolleyes:

4. Hi Harry. Yes I do like the 80x400 but small birds are still difficult to capture. Particularly the shore birds. One has to film from some distance away and they are extremely shy, one of these days I will probably go completely crazy and go for a 600 prime, I will then need a truck to transport it!!!!!!!!! Lately I have been having trouble with the tides, I find my best shots come at the midway point but lately the light at those tides has been all wrong. I did tone down the GBH in Nikon Capture but darkening the neck darkened the body too much and I had no luck with the burn brush on the head - too artificial looking. Anyway thanks a lot for the critque.