Great Blue in a Not Pretty Place

Discussion in 'Birds' started by OHcorgis, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Great Blue at Horseshoe Pond, CVNP, NEOhio. This is probably one of the best shots I have gotten of a Great Blue. I was shooting dragonflies when I saw this bird almost across the pond. I had my 200 mm micro on the tripod and took a chance at a shot. I could not believe how crisp the shot was when I had to drastically crop in. I cleaned up the rusty metal thing, but that is all I had to do. That 200 mm micro has to be my best friend.

882578314_f3fa6f3257_b.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    He would have to land in that spot wouldn't he? :wink: On my monitor the sharpness and colors look great! I'll bet in short order you will run across a cooperative GBH that will pose forever right where you want him to.

3. I will go back with same lens. I have seen him there before, but he is very shy. I got some great shots of his rear end flying away!

4. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    If you could clone out that rusted steel this would be an awesome shot against the green backdrop. The bird came out beautiful.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bring some finger mullet and make freinds.
    He loves those...lol

Great shot and sharp

6. If you build it they will come, Hummm sounds like it would work with your GBH only like Gale says food and never mind building :biggrin: That is a great photo for 200MM.
    Lou

7. Hmm. I am pretty good at cloning, but what a lot of work with all that grass and long chest feathers. Almost easier to try for another shot.:cool: