Great Blues

Discussion in 'Birds' started by raymond j barlow, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I think I need to move somewhere more interesting....can't decide if #2 or #3 is my favorite....

2. Oh, these are gorgeous photos of one of my favorite birds! I've been fascinated by the GBH ever since I saw my first one several years ago. You've done great with these images!

3. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice especially #4.

4. #8 is outstanding! Very difficult to get that kind of detail on a black bird.

5. thanks everyone, I really appreciate your cool comments.

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Great shots right from the top with that first one of the GBH. I agree that you really did well with the cormorants. Those are both nifty shots. The GBH is actually a challenging bird to shoot because the white in the face is so easy to burn. You handled these really well. Good detail on the legs and feet too. Just think how nice they'll look when you get some nice green leaves to brighten up the bokeh!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set of one of my favorite species Ray. :smile:

8. Your In-flight are outstanding. That is hard to do. Very nice set

9. Frame #2 large and display conspicuously! The best of the series, for me - the rest are no slouches either.

10. Nice shots. Number 4 has a lot of "layers" in focus - excellent.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    4 and the last are real stand outs
    Good shooting nice images

12. Very nice Raymond. I was fascinated by these in Huntsville, AL a few weeks ago. I'll be on the lookout now to catch some around here...never bothered before.

13. jimmyc1000

jimmyc1000

Jun 14, 2006
    Excellent series. I love number 8 of the cormorant.

14. thanks again everyone, you all are very kind and generous with your words.

Hi Frits.. Just wondering if you know my friend Scott Linstead, he lives near Montreal, and knows some good shooting areas for herons.

15. Very nice set, Raymond. The 2nd one is to be framed for sure.

I see we have the same acquaintance Scott Linstead. He's a fine gentleman and an excellent (and patient too) bird photographer.

16. Yes, very true.. and he likes owls too!

hehehe.

17. A very accomplished photographer indeed, but I don't know him personally. Of course I'm not a "birder" either, just trespassing a bit into that territory while in Huntsville :smile:

18. Very nice series Ray. I'll go with # e as my favorite. Well done as usual.

Best,

Jose

19. thanks Jose... #e??