Great Blues

had some fun with these incredible creatures.. and I neve seem to get tired of photographing them. Nice to see a few returning from the south.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 90970

View attachment 90971

View attachment 90972

View attachment 90973

View attachment 90974

View attachment 90975

and a couple of Cormorants..

View attachment 90976

View attachment 90977

thanks for looking!!

Great shots right from the top with that first one of the GBH. I agree that you really did well with the cormorants. Those are both nifty shots. The GBH is actually a challenging bird to shoot because the white in the face is so easy to burn. You handled these really well. Good detail on the legs and feet too. Just think how nice they'll look when you get some nice green leaves to brighten up the bokeh!

Very nice Raymond. I was fascinated by these in Huntsville, AL a few weeks ago. I'll be on the lookout now to catch some around here...never bothered before.

thanks again everyone, you all are very kind and generous with your words.

Very nice Raymond. I was fascinated by these in Huntsville, AL a few weeks ago. I'll be on the lookout now to catch some around here...never bothered before.
Hi Frits.. Just wondering if you know my friend Scott Linstead, he lives near Montreal, and knows some good shooting areas for herons.

thanks again everyone, you all are very kind and generous with your words.

Hi Frits.. Just wondering if you know my friend Scott Linstead, he lives near Montreal, and knows some good shooting areas for herons.
A very accomplished photographer indeed, but I don't know him personally. Of course I'm not a "birder" either, just trespassing a bit into that territory while in Huntsville :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom