Great Crested Flycatcher

Here is a file I processed today, from 2 years ago. This female and her mate gave me several wonderful mornings with beautiful light, poses, and wonderful surroundings. Sitting in my DB Blind allowed for this close up. This is a full frame shot.

D300s, 600VR, 1.4tc, ISO 400, f/8, 1/800th
GreatCrestedFlycatcher11.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you enjoyed.

Great as always, buddy. Was this at your private "photo ranch"? I sure wish spring would decide to come in around here now.

I thought I had a pretty good photo of this bird until I saw yours. Back to the drawing board. Great shot.

Thanks for the all the replies. To answer a spefic question posed by Photolizard, YES, this was taken on our private property, what you call the "Photo Ranch". Its not really a photo ranch as it is a place set up specifically to draw wildlife, birds, etc... We even delay cutting our Hay fields until late July to ensure that the Turkeys have all had plenty of time to hatch and move on from the fields.

Plantings, etc...are all taken into account on how they will help birds, animals, and further, how they will enhance my images, etc... For example, we place our Blue Bird houses near trees that bloom during the spring of the year. This about insures shots of Blue Birds sitting on flowering perches. Its that type of thing that my parents have done for the past 35+ years, something I have done to help them during those years, and also strictly by me on the other parts of the property.

This is awesome, the foliage and the feathers so compliment each other, and the way the bird's head is facing ... very well done

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom