1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great effort by a 10 year old (baseball)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Voyager1968, Jul 26, 2008.

1. While shooting the 10-11 year olds last night I managed to capture what would have been a truely spectacular play had he pulled it off. On a grounder to second this guy had to slide to his knees to make the stop, which was good by itself, but then when he tried to transfer for the throw to first, he juggled the ball. Realizing he had but one chance to get the runner, he made a semi blind over the shoulder throw to the first baseman with pinpoint accuracy. He didn't get the out, but still a nice play and a great effort by the kid.

2703816352_a010f5664d_b.

2. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Excellent capture. saw the same play in MLB a few weeks ago. He was a little more lucky but for a LL player that is a great play. The picture is nothing short of excellent. What lens??

3. Sigma 70-200. It's cropped a bit, but it still does a great job.

4. Excellent timing of a nice play.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Excellent timing and your shutter speed was ideal to spot all of the action in the frame. I think it is a cool image and I would think the player would be thrilled to see this printed on his wall.

6. As John Sterling would say that is "Jeterific"

7. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Sounds like an incredible play. Great timing on your part!

8. great shot
    amazing LL play, even if it was an ALMOST OUT

well done

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.