Great Egrets from the Rookery

G

Gordon Large

At least I think all these are Great Egrets. :? They are the most graceful birds I know, ballerinas in white. But real tough to expose right on a dull (or even sunny) day with the dark foliage as a backdrop. A lot of post-processing required, all done in Capture.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 10209

View attachment 10210

View attachment 10211

View attachment 10212

More images in another post.

Excellent captures Gordon. I hope that your wife's sinus infection is all better. Did she like the pics?

G

Gordon Large

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
Excellent captures Gordon. I hope that your wife's sinus infection is all better. Did she like the pics?
Thanks for the nice comment. Terry loved the pics. But she loves all my pics no matter how bad they are.

Here sinus problems were all but gone when she forgot her antibiotics for 24 hours. Now they are back, but not as bad, and she has started up her meds again. Hopefully she caught the relapse in time. Thanks for asking!

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

Gale said:
More great pics..

#3 is a Snowey :>))
Duh. Obviously #3 is a snowy. One look at the bills tells you that. Apparently didn't tell me though. :roll: Thanks for the nice comment!

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

Kevin Scott said:
Gordon, #2 is very nice! Good job! Which lens were you using? 200-400? I switched to the 80-200 as the 300 was too long. Just curious....
Yup. The 200-400 is perfect for this kind of shooting because it can frame all but the closest scenes and yet has a pretty good reach. But I'm hopeless using it for flight shots on my Wimberley. I know tons of practice would help, but at Merritt III I'm bringing a second body with my 70-200 on it.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Gordon

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom