Great Egrets from the Rookery

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Gordon Large, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

At least I think all these are Great Egrets. :? They are the most graceful birds I know, ballerinas in white. But real tough to expose right on a dull (or even sunny) day with the dark foliage as a backdrop. A lot of post-processing required, all done in Capture.

More images in another post.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent captures Gordon. I hope that your wife's sinus infection is all better. Did she like the pics?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    More great pics..

#3 is a Snowey :>))

4. Gordon, #2 is very nice! Good job! Which lens were you using? 200-400? I switched to the 80-200 as the 300 was too long. Just curious....

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks for the nice comment. Terry loved the pics. But she loves all my pics no matter how bad they are.

Here sinus problems were all but gone when she forgot her antibiotics for 24 hours. Now they are back, but not as bad, and she has started up her meds again. Hopefully she caught the relapse in time. Thanks for asking!

Gordon

6. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Duh. Obviously #3 is a snowy. One look at the bills tells you that. Apparently didn't tell me though. :roll: Thanks for the nice comment!

Gordon

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Yup. The 200-400 is perfect for this kind of shooting because it can frame all but the closest scenes and yet has a pretty good reach. But I'm hopeless using it for flight shots on my Wimberley. I know tons of practice would help, but at Merritt III I'm bringing a second body with my 70-200 on it.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Gordon