Great Falls in Paterson NJ

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by critterracing, Oct 1, 2008.

1. my 1st real try at some cool landscapes. i should of used a tripod but i think they look pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cool landscapes, cool captures. Good work.

Les

3. speen

speen

Mar 7, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    The site of one of my favorite scenes from The Sopranos. Nice captures,especially #4, although, as you say, you would benefit from a tripod on these long exposures.

4. thanks everyone i tryin hard.

5. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    wrong time of day for my eye.

6. well im trying drew. i didn't like the pictures of your wife but i didn't respond. if it was constructive criticism that's different.

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    A note Aldo,

Drew made a fair statement, you used the critique icon, Drew stating it is the wrong time of day is a fair and genuine critique, Talking about his previous photos is probably also not appropriate.

Now let us get back on topic and discuss the photos.

On the 1, 2, and 3 images you posted I do like your framing. The harsh light does create a bit of a hard shadows, but it really isn't to bad considering the time of day. The 4th shot, however, seems not sharp or overly processed, or perhaps it is zoomed in a bit to much. The rocks and water have a plastic feel to them. The last shot, the top of the bridge seems a distraction since it so little of the image.

Your best shot I feel is number 3. It has a 3D look to the image and the range of colors is very nice. It gives a nice overall look to the scene and appears to be pretty sharp with good detail.

8. My favorite is #3. To me, it looks sharpest and I like the colors. Thanks for sharing.

9. I like the compositions of 1, 2, and 3. You're right that using a tripod would have improved some of the shots.

I agree that the light is on the harsh side. Sometimes shots made under less than ideal conditions can still yield nice black and white images, and I think your subject matter would lend itself to b&w conversion. Maybe give that a try.

10. JasonL

JasonL

Sep 26, 2008
    New Jersey
    nice from NJ

nice captures from Dirty Jersey !!!!

11. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
  12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Aldo,

The PF has been on my to do list for ages. Nice compostions :)