1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great flea market find

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by braver, Aug 2, 2009.

1. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    Woohoo, new addition to the collection, at only 1 euro including battery and a roll of film:

3780517183_784185fb85_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A disposable that you can reload, how neat is that! Even has a useable flash! Shoots great too, if I keep my finger away from the lens :tongue:

View attachment 389094

3780517297_a72ccb659e_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gonna have some fun with this in Berlin next week :cool: 

2. Cool! Looks like a pretty wide lens.

3. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    yeah, I compared to my zoom and estimate it's about 35mm. It's not totally sharp, but I've had great success (as in fun) before with disposables. Gotta love plastic lensen and that wild pincussion distortion :biggrin:

4. RWC32

RWC32

Nov 23, 2007
    Chicagoland Area
    Nice toes !

Film can be a lot of fun. I too many point and shoot film images that are creished

enjoy!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Me too! Try bracing the camera on something when you shoot. Some 'single shutter speed/single f-stop' cameras have as low as a 1/60 shutter. Stabilizing the camera will certainly help pictures take at that speed!

For a buck (do y'all have a nickname for a Euro yet?) this looks like hours (or even days or weeks if you are lucky) of fun! Is there anything that looks like DX contacts to read the film speed? If not, then using iso 400 negative film would be an advantage, since C-41 seems to be able to get something out of any 400 film, no matter how far the exposure is from ideal (well, maybe 8-9 stops off still works (barely.))

ps, here is a recent photo 9 stops from the actual meter reading, due to filter plus meter setting error:
    [​IMG]

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    ps, Rebecca's actual question upon seeing this phots was, "What t-shirt did I have on?" Women! Go fig.

7. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    Thanks for the tip. No contacts or settings, so I've put a roll of iso 400 color film in there, and I'm taking a load of trix. As long as its kinda sunny I should be fine :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.