Great flea market find

Woohoo, new addition to the collection, at only 1 euro including battery and a roll of film:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A disposable that you can reload, how neat is that! Even has a useable flash! Shoots great too, if I keep my finger away from the lens :tongue:

View attachment 389094

Gonna have some fun with this in Berlin next week :cool:

Cool! Looks like a pretty wide lens.
yeah, I compared to my zoom and estimate it's about 35mm. It's not totally sharp, but I've had great success (as in fun) before with disposables. Gotta love plastic lensen and that wild pincussion distortion :biggrin:

Real Name
Chris
... It's not totally sharp, but I've had great success (as in fun) before with disposables. ...
Me too! Try bracing the camera on something when you shoot. Some 'single shutter speed/single f-stop' cameras have as low as a 1/60 shutter. Stabilizing the camera will certainly help pictures take at that speed!

For a buck (do y'all have a nickname for a Euro yet?) this looks like hours (or even days or weeks if you are lucky) of fun! Is there anything that looks like DX contacts to read the film speed? If not, then using iso 400 negative film would be an advantage, since C-41 seems to be able to get something out of any 400 film, no matter how far the exposure is from ideal (well, maybe 8-9 stops off still works (barely.))

ps, here is a recent photo 9 stops from the actual meter reading, due to filter plus meter setting error:

Real Name
Chris
Me too! Try bracing the camera on something when you shoot. Some 'single shutter speed/single f-stop' cameras have as low as a 1/60 shutter. Stabilizing the camera will certainly help pictures take at that speed!

For a buck (do y'all have a nickname for a Euro yet?) this looks like hours (or even days or weeks if you are lucky) of fun! Is there anything that looks like DX contacts to read the film speed? If not, then using iso 400 negative film would be an advantage, since C-41 seems to be able to get something out of any 400 film, no matter how far the exposure is from ideal (well, maybe 8-9 stops off still works (barely.))

ps, here is a recent photo 9 stops from the actual meter reading, due to filter plus meter setting error:
ps, Rebecca's actual question upon seeing this phots was, "What t-shirt did I have on?" Women! Go fig.

Thanks for the tip. No contacts or settings, so I've put a roll of iso 400 color film in there, and I'm taking a load of trix. As long as its kinda sunny I should be fine :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom