Great Gray Owl shots

Discussion in 'Birds' started by daodang, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Presently, there's an event that draws attention of bird watchers to a small island (Bizard island) near Montreal : a bunch of great gray owls is in a parc of this island. Today, I was there to shoot them (not with a gun naturally) and met several nice fellows from the US. They are coming to see the owls from several nearby states (Vermont, NewYork, Maine) and even states as far as Massachusets and New Hamshire.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    WOW DAO!

The third is my favorite. Very menacing look it has. Excellent captures.

Thanks,

3. Really nice shots, Dao. Is this the same area that Yves was going to?

I hope to find more owls down here this year as well.

Don't know if we have these around, but I'm sure going to find out.

4. WOW! These are fantastic, some of the best I've seen of these owls. I have two friends going up there today to try and find them. I am sooooo jealous, wish I could get up there!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dao, your owls

are just wonderful. I rarely even see an owl, never mind get a chance to photo them.

Thanks for sharing these.

Best
    Gale

6. Thanks Bill. Yes, it's the same area that Yves was going to.

7. Wonderful images of a bird that we (I) rarely see. You have photographed them very well. Thanks for sharing these great images.

8. Hi Janet, nice to know you're present in these forums. There's a lot of great gray owls in the park. Yesterday, I met at least 5 of them. Try to catch them in flight but miss all the shots.

9. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Beautiful magestic bird. you capture them well. thanx for sharing.

10. Just awesome I cant think of any other words to use they are perfect, you should be so thrilled.

11. Dao, I want to go take pictures with you if you are free monday, I need to know where they are, can'y locate them at all ... Private message me ... I'll give you my cell phone number