Great Horned Mom and Owlet

---I initially thought she had abandoned her nest last week as she and hubby were nowhere to be found. To my delight, she was back on her nest with her little Owlet bambino. :)))
---I was quite shocked to see the physical size of this owlet. It is almost the same size as mom and is having a huge stretch in the second shot - I was so fortunate.
---Taken this morning 20Apr2013

8666813042_7394d72ebe_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

---Owlet having a huge stretch

8666813070_00a27a9ee3_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

---Thanks for looking

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice shots! I guess they grow quickly, but the chick does seem pretty good sized. That second one is really nice!

Nice shots! I guess they grow quickly, but the chick does seem pretty good sized. That second one is really nice!

A really great set John, That is just a super shot of the owlet. Thanks for posting these.

Ron

Good capture.

These are great. I love any Owl photo.

Great capture. If you get another chance, try some fill flash.
---Thanks - I use a beamer exclusively on all my bird photographs with the exception of Owls. I really don't like what it does to their eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK John. That's enough of these owl shots with trees and blue skies in the background. I have a ton of owl shots from this past year of a pair and 2 of their 3 owlets. But, all mine have clear, white skies. Oh, nice shots. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom