1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great Horned Owl (2 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Well, I may have posted too quickly while going through 12 gigs worth of photos. I hope these are better!

2774459223_dbd4288a3d_b.

View attachment 240773

2. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Very Very Nice

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  3. wow, dianne
    nice shots
    that FIRST one..... AWESOME

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    very nice !

5. look at his cute fuzzy toes!

6. Wonderful detail and sharpeness, Diane.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hello Diane,
    These are very nice and sharp. Great pose in the first photo.
    Good work.
    Best regards.

9. Thanks Gilles! Despite the conditions, I had fun and I'm first on the list for going back!

10. Thanks Raymond! I hope these are better than the last ones I posted!

11. Dianne these are absolutely stunning captures. You have really posted some beauties here. Well done, bravo.

12. Thanks James! I was among 99 other photographers. It wasn't the easiest as a lot were using flash and that would over-expose my shots!

13. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Floored

14. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Very nice Dianne, the first one is really sharp.

15. Flawless!
    Kevin

16. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Wow Dianne, these are great.
    Keep up the good work.

17. Thanks ya'll! I got in too big of a hurry when I first posted from Sat's photo shoot. :redface: I'm still going through over 9 gigs of photos, I hope to have more to post, but ya know, I didn't know how to deal with so many flashes going off at the same time! I'll be going back for more for sure! I love those birdies!

18. Very nice set, Dianne! Look at those talons!!

19. Thanks David! This beauty was an 'imprint" and can't be released. Dunno if you have seen the commerical about a credit card with a hamster on it, a hawk grabs it and lands on a water cooler, then "squawks?" Well, the sound that hawk makes is the sound that the horned owl makes. The Dr. from the Rehab Center was talking about it while the owl was on exhibit for photos. Interesting, huh! Those talons can still grab a mouse though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.