Great Horned Owl

Real Name
Bill
That's a sweet spot , 10 yards out with the 500PF = No Cropping

Thanks Vern. It was one of those stop, take a few shots, move closer take a few shots, move even closer take a few shots. I finally got to the point where much closer and it wouldn't fit in the frame the bonus being I didn't make her fly away so I was satisfied.

Really nice! I have been hearing Great Horned owls and Hawk Owls at night, but I rarely see them.

Great light! We have an abundance of Barred Owls, but the bleeping things can’t manage to put themselves in good light for me :dead:

Real Name
Bill
Really nice! I have been hearing Great Horned owls and Hawk Owls at night, but I rarely see them.

Thank you. This particular set of Owls seems to hunt the area right behind the house over night. I hear them every morning and see them right at first light as silhouettes in the trees but too early to get pictures. Then they head up river during the day to where I got these pictures.

Real Name
Bill
Beautiful picture you made

Thank you so much.

That first photo is fantastic! You did very well to get in a level position. For me that makes that shot exceptional. Most I've seen are shooting up at the bird which is less than desirable.

Thanks Mitch. She flew from the ground to this perch which was surprising. You're right about looking up at them as that's what most of my Owl pictures are.

Latest threads

Top Bottom