1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great Indian Hornbill (Buceros bicornis)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by alexf, Sep 27, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

381311288_yzijv-L.

381311662_BGhvE-L.
    NIKON D80    ---    80mm    f/7.1    1/60s    ISO 400

Great Indian Hornbill (Buceros bicornis)

I was very lucky to get access to this bird. It was a slow early day at Miami Metrozoo. The aviary was empty of people. There is a subdivision, where they keep a pair of hornbills separate from the rest of the birds. It is always impossible to shoot through the wire fence.

This time I was talking to the young lady that was feeding the birds, while I took the opportunity to shoot many of the little ones at feeding time. I mentioned how impossible it is to shoot through that fence, so she offered to get me into the enclosure while she fed them. The shots are tight because they are all very close to the near focusing limit of the 80-400VR.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  2. amazing bird, and really cool shots!

3. Nice work Alex!
    Way to seize an opportunity.
    Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.