1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great...just great

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I turned on my laptop this morning and the usual black/gray screen was red. My wallpaper, which is a black and white photo, was red and white. I restarted. Same thing. I started flapping the lcd back and forth and my colors came back. I can't afford this. Not now. Oh well, such is life.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bummer Greg.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. It's the price we pay for technology.:mad: 

5. Use the external power supply and don't turn it off... ?

6. I hope it's not something recurrent. :mad: 

7. Keep a sharp eye out. These things all talk to each other and next
    thing you know the coffee maker looses its mind and takes the hot
    water heater with it.

8. Oh yes indeed, the technology conspiracy theory! I just know they talk to each other in the middle of the night. I can't hear them because I have my tinfoil night cap on :eek: 

Hopefully it's only a loose ribbon. I had the same type of thing on my laptop - no drive! Seems the drive had shaken a little loose from the port - 5 minute $0.00 fix.

9. i will have to tear it apart this evening. hopefully it is a cheap repair. i am thinking connector or inverter.

10. I posted here because I have no idea how I got to this thread? I did not think post from this far back were accessible on the new café set up ?? I have searched for older post before with no luck. How very odd.

11. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

All the old posts were migrated across to the new system. If you go to the first page in General Discussion, on page 1601, you will be back in January 2005.

12. photogramps

photogramps Guest

A time machine ... just what I need! :D 

13. And if we go back all our selfies/profile pictures will show us 10 years younger :ROFLMAO: 

14. Thanks Richard. Are the old post available in search, I had n luck finding an older thread, not even a one closely related to the search. I went to General and at top could get to page 1588 and a thread there by Frank and Flew, but could not get beyond it. what am I doing wrong?

oh yes I am looking forward to seeing a younger me in those old past. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.