Great Moment's in History

Discussion in 'People' started by Billy Ng, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    I see my son every day. He kisses girls every chance he gets but refuses to kiss boys (this scares me ... he can't be aware of this "opposite sex" thing already ... can he? He's 13 months old!!). I've watched him kiss dozens of girls, I've caught him on camera doing it, I've caught him on video doing it.

But this pic .... this pic reminds me of everything that's innocent and pure in him and I know, I just know, that this pic will brighten my day 50 years from now just as it does today.

This is the best picture I've ever taken.

It's out of focus, motion blurred, too grainy, contrast deficient, color in-accurate, bokeh-less, and I'm not ecstatic about the composition ... but it's the best photo I've ever taken.

Funny how that works ... isn't it?

[​IMG]

2. Sometimes photography isn't about the technicalities, isn't about the aesthetics.... it's just about the moment. This is great example! :smile:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Send it to kodak:) )

That is a great image.
    color looks good. eye is sharp. comp is great, contrast is fine.
    So whats a tiny bit of noise.

4. I think it's a great shot!! So what, it's not technically correct. The noise can be dealt with as can some of the blur but I don't think doing either would make the picture any better than it already is. The only think I would do - if anything - is to correct the color, or convert it to bw...

5. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great image billy lol
    yes can see the fathers calling you already in regard to your son and wanting to date at 14 months , might want to get a cell phone for all those dates to call

6. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Yeah ... at first I tried. I played with the white balance (it was some weird lighting in a mall store), I played with the contrast, I tried a sepia conversion, I tried multiple B&W conversions, I ran it through Neat Image, I converted to lab and tried blurring out the A & B channels ..... in the end, nothing I tried really worked for me. My wife looked over my shoulder at the original and said, "It looks fine as it is".

It was then that I realized that this photo is all about what was captured, and not about anything else. So what you see is essentially a straight conversion from RAW to JPG in CS2 with a 1/4 stop exposure bump.

I'm very happy.

Bill

7. Oh yes, and prepare yourself..................Daddies of little girls don't much care for little boys who's desire it is to kiss their daughters!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hahah...very very cute. I love this kind of phography...not posed...and just very candid...a touching moment. Good job.

9. And it is that Billy............. doesn't get any better than this! :wink:

G

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.