1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great Nephews (4 pics)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by cajun angel, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Yesterday, I met my neice, nephew, and both great nephews at a down town coffee shop and just generally sat around comparing Nikon to Canon, snapped a few pics and then had lunch. I didn't much like the color of the walls and probably should have moved the table and chairs, but didn't want to disturb anyone. Talk about a couple of energetic kids! They had me worn out in 10 minutes! the oldest is almost 3 and the youngest is 14 mos. I tried to get down on their level and these are the best of what I did manage to get. I'm posting a before and after shot - of 2 photos. I really didn't know what to do with them. I don't know where my strong points are in photography -IF I even have any!

Before (the oldest)
    3818019632_067dccf870.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After (the oldest)
    3817210005_83afeba3b4.png

Before (youngest)
    3817210325_32cde7fdc8.jpg

After (youngest) (STILL NEEDS WORK!)
    View attachment 392650

2. I think these are super Dianne ...... especially the second one. Can you share your processing with us?

Best,

3. Gee Bob, THANKS! I'm almost in tears - don't know if I'll get another chance at photos - they leave Texas tomorrow. They're here visiting the neice's side of the family. I'll tell ya - these 2 kids had more energy than what they knew what to do with!

About all I did was in elements 5, I went in undid all the autos, then tweaked the levels, contrast, and then sharpened. For the "photo effect" I just used one of those soft edge frame thingies. My photo shop skills are horrible and I wish I could go take a class.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.