1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great News!! Our Osprey have returned!!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Apr 14, 2007.

1. I got the call today from Bill Dewey that the osprey have returned. I had to work but left in time to get the last of the sun before the rain came back. The osprey pair are busy building the nest for the year. I hope they continue in this spot and don't get scared off by visitors. Here are a few of the many I took. It was fun watching them dive into the water, grab a stick and return.

original.

View attachment 90733

View attachment 90734

View attachment 90735

View attachment 90736

View attachment 90737

2. Great set, I will Look forward to many more Jim

3. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Super shots Jim,hope you enjoy yourself watching this pair and raising there young,will be watching for more. :smile:

4. Sweet sweet sweet!! Great captures Jim. I so happy that we're going to have this family of Ospreys back this year.

Louie

5. Great news Now I have something to look forward to when I go down to Seattle!

6. Ya' know, Jim, I should have just told my "other half" I was going down anyway :wink: :wink:, but if I had, I'd be sleeping in the shed tonight :eek:  :eek: 

These are grand, but take a VERY close look at the bird on the left in the 2 bird shot, I'm pretty sure this is a different Male than last year. The other looks like a female, but the bird on the left is banded on the Right leg, not the left. This is not unusual, a new mate, but interesting.

I'll be there bright and early in the AM, and maybe back later in the PM as well tomorrow.

Saw several other nests occupied today as well, all the "unusual" spots from last year. WHOOPEE!!!! Indeed ....

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Jim.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent shots Jim
    Glad they have returned

9. Great shots! Did you use a TC with your 500mm?Cheers

10. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    super James,

I am glad your nest is back for this year!

Nice shots,

Wade

11. Great shots Jim! My ospreys returned a few weeks ago and nest building like yours are.

Anthony

12. WildBill

WildBill

Mar 20, 2006
    Hammonton, New Jersey
    Bill
    Suberb Series Jim!! Keep posting them.

Bill

13. Thanks all. As you can see by the others posts, these birds will be well documented. We sure have fun watching these beauties and their behavior. This will be the first year we will get to see them build the nest.

14. Thanks John. I used the Nikon 1.4 tc for some but for most I was too close to use it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.