Great News!! Our Osprey have returned!!!

I got the call today from Bill Dewey that the osprey have returned. I had to work but left in time to get the last of the sun before the rain came back. The osprey pair are busy building the nest for the year. I hope they continue in this spot and don't get scared off by visitors. Here are a few of the many I took. It was fun watching them dive into the water, grab a stick and return.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 90733

View attachment 90734

View attachment 90735

View attachment 90736

View attachment 90737

Super shots Jim,hope you enjoy yourself watching this pair and raising there young,will be watching for more. :smile:

Ya' know, Jim, I should have just told my "other half" I was going down anyway :wink: :wink:, but if I had, I'd be sleeping in the shed tonight :eek: :eek:

These are grand, but take a VERY close look at the bird on the left in the 2 bird shot, I'm pretty sure this is a different Male than last year. The other looks like a female, but the bird on the left is banded on the Right leg, not the left. This is not unusual, a new mate, but interesting.

I'll be there bright and early in the AM, and maybe back later in the PM as well tomorrow.

Saw several other nests occupied today as well, all the "unusual" spots from last year. WHOOPEE!!!! Indeed ....

Thanks all. As you can see by the others posts, these birds will be well documented. We sure have fun watching these beauties and their behavior. This will be the first year we will get to see them build the nest.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom