Great Pocket Camera!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kim, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    I've been searching for a small camera to carry around when I don't want to lug my D200. I finally decided on a Canon A710IS. I just got back from a hiking trip to the Smokies, and I was truly amazed at the results I got from this little camera. I only carried the A710IS with a Joby tripod. A very light and versatile kit. It was easy to switch from taking landscape shots to taking macro shots. Here are a few samples, straight out the the camera, no post work. BTW, it also has video, which I used to tape the peak of Mt. LeConte, Andrews Bald, and the bear I ran up on the trail! Hope this helps someone looking for a great little carry around camera. Thanks for looking!

The camera is on the Joby tripod, wrapped around a limb and hanging upside down, set on timer so I could get in the picture!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. these are GREAT results! I use the Nikon P5000 for similar uses.

3. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Thanks, Dave. Before the A710IS, I used a Nikon Coolpix 5200 and was always disappointed with the results I got from it. This is a nice change!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those images are absolutely GREAT:>))))))))

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Thanks, Gale. Your always so nice!!!!

Wade, I checked out your link. Great pics! It was nice to be able to choose between fully manual or fully auto, all in a little camera. I did miss the D200, but the portability was great! Here are a couple more.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nice photos Kim! Uncle Frank put me onto the 710IS and I agree with you - best results I've ever had from a pocket camera. I keep it in my briefcase during the week and find all sorts of uses for it - like documenting an electrical fire we had at work this week.

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Wow , how many of us would have said that those great photos came out of a P&S ? I know I wouldn't have :tongue:

9. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Ron, I believe I'll do like you and keep this camera near by. You never know when you might need to quickly snap a few pictures!

Julien, thanks so much!

10. epicfish

epicfish

May 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wow, those look great. I'm looking into getting the one of the newer Canon 850IS cameras. Hopefully my shots will turn out to be as great as yours! :) 

11. great images from a P&S

12. Kim

Thanks for posting the pics. Like the slow shutter shots a lot!

******** How is the LCD display in BRIGHT sunlight????

Thanks
    JohnG

13. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Thank you both, epicfish and Raul.

John, thanks to you, too. About the display, it is hard to see it in bright sunlight. Gotta look for some shade to see it clearly.

14. Beautiful shots. You have a good eye.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.