Great Sand Dunes NP

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Numael, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Numael

Numael

May 16, 2006
    Destin, FL
    Well out of boredom I decided to get in the car and drive to the GSNP yesterday, 30-40 from Alamosa, CO. I can only say the place is incredible, I am planning a second trip now to get some nice morning light (the light was brutal at 10-11 AM) and be better prepared :biggrin:. Some shots from yesterday, C&C needed!!!

All with 17-55 f2.8, D2xs and CPL

825548500_7f8edb0d45_o.

View attachment 106385
    View attachment 106386

View attachment 106387

Little fun with Curves.

View attachment 106388

2. Good to see you getting out and around Colorado already! Excellent shots, I love the second one.

3. Wow, beautiful shots - #2 is a winner. I probably have 300 slides from the dunes, my old stomping grounds.

Sean

4. Toklat

Toklat

Aug 31, 2006
    Alaska
    #2 is excellent, and yes an early morning evening shoot holds alot of promise.

5. Nice but where are the good looking Ranger girls?

Good shootin', thanks for sharing.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like them all alot
    Beautiful area

7. The light is a little harsh on these, but they are nicely composed. Should be fun to do a morning shoot there. I see you are in Durango... one of the prettiest places to live in the country!

8. Numael

Numael

May 16, 2006
    Destin, FL
    Hey thank you all for your kind remarks, I admit that the light was a killer but it gave me a preview for next time!!! And no Ranger Girls anywhere, I'll keep my eye on it next time!

Anthony , yep finally made it here so far no complaints whatsoever :biggrin:, as David mentioned this place is great I think I made the right choice moving here!!

Thank you all again!!!

9. GlenF

GlenF Guest

Harsh light but still wonderful color and flowing lines. Better lighting will be most impressive. Thanks for sharing.

10. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Very nice!
    My favorite will be number 4!

( that CPL is so cool... I am a sucker for blue sky's :smile: )