1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Great Sportsmanship

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Voyager1968, Jul 26, 2008.

1. This Tamaqua hitter smoked a two run home run, and the opposing catcher had the decency to extend a hand in congratulations. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm impressed by this act. Nowhere in the rules does it say an opposing player has to do something like this during game play. Class act IMHO!

2704691813_ba6bc0cb8d_b.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    There is more to sports action photography than capturing great peak action shots. Kudos to you for capturing the drama as it occured.

3. as frank said.... great DRAMA captured

4. Great capture of a very interesting moment.

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow that is very touching. Not something you see...especially boys this age. We played a team today that was doing a lot of trash talking. At that point of the trash talking they were winning 3-0...we came back and beat them ...final score 4-3...was nice to see our bats come alive in the 5th inning.

Again this is a special shot...you captured it at the right moment.

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice capture of a special moment

7. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Great capture. I hope you had the opportunity to share it with the catcher's coach and parents.

8. willsparklin

willsparklin Guest

Funny thing is once the kids start, the parents usually aren't far behind. That's what really irks me about a lot of games I cover for the paper. It's pretty sad; I can't blame the kids when the adults don't know when to keep quiet.

Voyager, great capture. I wish all of us could take things like that one the regular.

9. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Steve: Good story and an even better capture. Thanks for sharing .

Gregory

10. Was there spit on his hand? ;) 

Nice shot.

11. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.