GREAT tool to diagram lighting setups (Strobist)

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Ray C., May 22, 2007.

1. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    FM'er Kevin Kertz has developed an outstanding resource to diagram different lighting setups.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic2/446987

This will definitely help us all in our "Strobist" efforts.

This is a very simple, basic example I used in another thread, but the Lighting Setup tool, has almost everything...including softboxes, umbrellas, reflectors, grids, snoots, gobos, beauty dishes etc...

Again, a awesome resource!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks for the link. I have seen some people on here use these. They really are a nice help.

3. Awesome, thanks.

You know all this time I thought that was a Visio Stencil.

4. Excellent find. Thanks, Ray!

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Ray!

6. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    Awesome. We should make it a requirement that everyone who post picts include a lighting diagram so we can all learn. I for one will start doing this.

7. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    This is a great candidate for a sticky.

8. Courtland

Courtland

Oct 19, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Fun With Mirrors

Neat thread idea!

I wanted one of those take-my-picture-in-the-mirror-self-portraits without having to hold the camera.

414788619_ece4b50ab2_o.

510055249_6c35e96862_o.

-Courtland

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Courtland, that is a very cool setup. Nicely done.

10. That's great software! It beats my stick figures! on a scratch pad.

Rich

11. Wow, Rich! If we've hooked you into reading the Strobist threads, I count the project a success :wink:.

12. I'd be lying if I passed myself off as a convert to portraiture. As you recall from my questions about product photography I much prefer inanimate subjects...you know, the ones which don't ask to have another few shots taken, (that happened at a church charity ball where I was taking couple's pictures against a backdrop for a $20 donation to the church) or look away or rub their noses in what would have been the best group shot. :rolleyes:

The title of Ray's post caught my eye. I'm a sucker for new software. Why I must have hundreds...I never use.

Thanks, Rich

13. Courtland

Courtland

Oct 19, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    My last post was totally in the wrong thread. whoops. sorry for the accidental threadjack.

Great PSD file BTW.

14. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Didn't know there was something with layers not available to PSE. I basically can't use this tool with PSE3. Anyone know if this is PSE3 specific or across the board with PSE?

The grouped layers do not work.

Thanks